Sunday 10 February 2013

You can't always believe what you read

Blog Assignment #2

The website that I've chosen to analyze is Sun News. I found this website neutral as it included all different kinds of articles from politics, economics, and world news. A cue that I thought it gave a neutral perspective was the titles of the articles that are main page, none of them were putting down political parties or policial members like other newspapers. From browsing some of the new articles that are posted on the website, I think this website is well rounded with the various topics it discusses such as the economic summit that was held at Mount Royal, to the Keystone project, to Taiwan lifting the Saskatchewan poultry ban. In order to identify the political position a blog takes is by reading their entries and figuring out their opinion of the political system that they're subjected to. If it's a newspaper website, you can tell by what the authors write about what's happening in the political world and what their opinions are. My philosophy is that, "you can't always believe what you read", I find that most authors are biased and that's natural. But if I am interested in a topic, I take the initiative to read more than one article about the subject so I can see all the angles of the topic and then make my own judgements based on all the information that I've gathered.






No comments:

Post a Comment